5.4.09

VidFlip: V Magazine #57



mondblog VidFlip: V Magazine, Issue 57 from Raymond Navarro on Vimeo.

V's Spring Preview issue takes a step up from its predecessor. In at about the same weight as V56, what makes V57
 dazzle is the delivery of Nick Night's photo shoot with Lily Donaldson held at SHOWstudio. The live photo shoot was
 a thrill to watch as Donaldson struck pose after pose, leap after leap in those highly coveted heels and her Sam (McKnight) styled hair.
Visions of Donaldson wearing all Balenciaga, Lanvin, Maison Martin Margiela to that
 sole Jil Sander earring, were ripped and rendered on painted cardboard sheets giving the editorial the
 entrancing and complimentary contrast needed to pull of a great studio shoot. You've got to see it for yourself.

The biggest bummer of the issue is the one and only new shot of Grace Jones on the inside. Following her cover-
moment on Dazed and Confused last year, I was hoping for a gripping Grace fashion editorial but instead there were
 rehashed file photos such as past promotional shots and album covers. Talk about a disappointment.

 Though the strange and cinematic editorial featuring the likes of Abbey Lee, Catherine McNeil, Eniko Mihalik and Andrés
 Velencoso grew on me, after an initial reaction of, What the fuck? I was stirred by the unexampled
 shoot begging me to question why I did or didn't like certain photos; I liked that I was challenged  — I concluded
I really was a fan of the Sebastian Faena concept shoot.

Thanks again to V for always bringing a variety of conceptions in glamour, style and grace.

5 comments:

Matt Rowley said...

cool!

ryder said...

hyoni and kendra!!!

luis said...

i like this kind of videos! and andres velencoso looks amazing I saw him in my city :)

Sam said...

i love this

Anonymous said...

Heheh V magazine loves Eniko. She is in every issue. And it was great to see Catherine back after a little break.

readers

archives

Tags