26.3.09

VidFlip: POP, Winter 2009



.
It's buh-bye to winter, what's up to spring — I had second thoughts about posting one more winter issue or starting off
the season with spring, but Katie Grand's last issue at POP should be shared with everyone. It makes for a smooth
transition as the winter issue features spring collections from Junya Watanabe and Giles Deacon.
Nevermind the Drew Barrymore cover. (I guess?) 

Katie Grand gives the Giles' luke-warm SS/09 collection a styling (on Jessica Stam, Magdalena Frackowiak and
others) that's had me take a second, third and fourth look at the collection. Paper shirts and paper skirts? I
can almost hear the crunch, the crinkle, and I like it.

I can't not mention the sick job Natasha Vojnovic pulling a Bowie wearing only the Dolce and Gabbana cruise
collection. Katie Grande does it again. But it's the last time she does it for POP. Grand now moves on as editor-in-
chief of the new "edgy," unlike-the-rest Condé Naste publication titled "LOVE." The jump-off icon issue blazes a 
nude Beth Ditto shot by Mert & Marcus with an art aesthetic certainly relatable to POP. 

But POP isn't going anywhere. “We are working hard on a complete revamp of the magazine to provide a broader
point of view, focusing also on art, contemporary culture and the globalization of all things Pop related,” the new 
editor-in-chief Dasha Zhukova told WWD. And so expect a big turn with the 21st issue of POP as her friend and new 
artistic director Olympia Scarry will help to "stamp" a re-invented identity to the 8-year old London glossy. Will it be 
fit or will it just flop — we won't find out for another five months...

7 comments:

Dandy Golfo said...

I pop it!!

Dandy Golfo said...

I pop it!!

Julia said...

I love your video magazine flip through. It's so brilliant and unique!



I can't get enough of shiny things, they always look even better through glass for me. I don't know why, but it gives them that priceless look. Museum status perhaps?

Matt Rowley said...

nice ;D

まちあいしつ said...

on top of it mond. lil booty, i like this post. pop it like its spring.

luis said...

Wow! haha

pony said...

did u c natashas video of making that editorial

readers

archives

Tags